International Value Advisers, LLC (IVA) was formed in October 2007 for the purpose of offering investment management services to institutions, qualified high net worth individuals, and financial intermediaries worldwide.
IVA is based in New York, NY with 44 employees as of December 31, 2019.
The operating ownership of the firm is comprised of the following partners:
- Mr. Charles de Vaulx, Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Manager
- Mr. Michael Malafronte, Managing Partner
- Mr. Thibaut Pizenberg, Securities Analyst
All three partners have worked together previously.
At IVA, our focus is to attempt to deliver absolute returns for our clients while at the same time preserving their capital. The key elements of our investment philosophy are:
- A search for fundamental (as opposed to relative) value
- Stock picking based upon rigorous, in-house research
- Flexible, "go anywhere" approach to investing with a diverse asset class, geographic and capitalization mix