Regional Director - West Region
International Value Advisers, LLC (IVA) was formed in October 2007 for the purpose of offering investment management services to institutions, qualified high net worth individuals, and financial intermediaries worldwide. IVA specializes in global value investing. We offer mutual funds and institutional separate accounts which attempt to deliver absolute positive returns in all market environments while providing equity-like returns over the long haul. We emphasize preservation of capital, and seek to mitigate risk through our research intensive process. We employ a flexible approach that allows us to find value throughout the world, across all asset classes and over the entire capitalization spectrum. IVA is 100% employee owned and operated.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop new and build upon existing relationships within the territory. The strategy includes developing and implementing a business plan to identify opportunities
- Grow IVA Funds’ market share within a large geographic territory across all channels
- Work in conjunction with the Regional Associate to develop a plan to generate greater sales, higher asset levels and improved client service
- Clearly communicate and understand IVA’s unique investment philosophy, process, objectives and positioning
- Assist clients with sales and marketing material, product analysis and problem resolution in a professional and timely manner
- Work effectively with team members as well as internal firm management and stakeholders
- Fulfills in a timely manner required administrative/team responsibilities such as CRM/Call reporting, expense reports, conference calls and meetings
- Genuine passion for the investment management industry; remains informed of changes in the industry, landscape and regulatory environment
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to utilize or adapt to technology such as CRM system. Ability to improve the efficiency of market through assessment of territory data.
- Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal. The ability to articulate ideas, opinions and solutions in a clear, concise and professional manner while encouraging honest and open communication.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Ability to manage business activities such as schedule, expenses, budget, compliance, reporting, etc
- Ability to tailor communication of IVA process and philosophy to clients of varying levels of investment sophistication
- Personal leadership skills- ability to be self-motivated and work remotely
- Collaborates well with peers and other key stakeholders. The ability to develop positive, professional, respectful relationships.
- Extensive travel within territory as well as occasional industry conferences and NY office visits
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of investment management sales experience (mutual funds preferred), with a proven track record of success
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses
Please forward resume and cover letter to [email protected]